Friday, May 25, 2007

Tortellini Soup


This is not the best picture of this soup. It would have looked better without the cheese on top. Anyway, I made this fast and easy soup on one of the cooler evenings this week, and Chris and I both enjoyed it. I used to make more meatless dinners, but Chris has missed the meat, so I try to remember to incorporate it a few times a week.

Serves: 8
Ingredients:
1 pound ground chicken/turkey
1 onion, chopped
2 14.5 oz cans Italian diced tomatoes
1 14.5 oz can chicken broth
1 can water - from the sink =)
1 12 oz bag from cut green beans
1 13 oz bag frozen cheese tortellini
1 zucchini, chopped
1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
Freshly grated Parmesan cheese

In a large pot cook chicken and onions until the meat is no longer pink. Add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook 5 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top when serving.

The next day when I went to serve it again, it had thickened a lot, so I added another can of chicken broth, and it looked and tasted just the same as the previous day.

1 comment:

Kitchen Joys said...

Hey! It looks good! Can I come to live with you?!?!?!Ha, ha Love you.