Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Banana Mini Morsel Bars

This is a great recipe to use when the bananas get very ripe.
Makes 6 dozen bars

2 cups whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
2/3 cup granulated sugar or Florida crystals
2/3 packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 very ripe medium bananas
1 large egg
1 cup (half of a 12-oz package) mini chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Grease a 15 by 10 inch jelly roll pan.

In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugars. Add vanilla, egg, and bananas, beating well after each addition. Add salt and baking powder and mix well. Slowly add flour, and mix thoroughly. Stir in chocolate chips. Spread into pan.

Bake 20 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool in pan and cut into bars.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks very yummy...what do you think if I replaced the sugar with agave?...I believe there may be too much sugar for me. I have some bananas getting very ripe..I could take the bars to the Moore's this weekend. Also I do like the white doily in the background. :)

Anonymous said...

This looks very yummy...what do you think if I replaced the sugar with agave?...I believe there may be too much sugar for me. I have some bananas getting very ripe..I could take the bars to the Moore's this weekend. Also I do like the white doily in the background. :)

Rebecca said...

It might be a little on the runny side with agave. Maybe it would be better to use only two bananas? Or add a little more flour.

Melissa M. said...

I tried this a while back, and really enjoyed it! I want to make it again. (We have an overabundance of bananas, which will be getting too dark to eat normally, soon.) :)